ETHICS COURSE OVERVIEW
Ethics programs are designed to constantly reinforce honesty and integrity as the foundation for all business principles. They promote ethical work behaviour and individual accountability and responsibility, and they protect employees and the company from accusations of wrongdoing. Failure to set and protect high ethical standards can be devastating to a company.
Ethics means a solid commitment to integrity. Integrity, in turn, means a “strict adherence to a moral code.” Because a company’s reputation of honesty and integrity is so crucial, you need to do more than simply follow the law. You need to avoid even the appearance of inappropriate conduct.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. State the purpose of an ethics program
2. Define ethics
3. List common characteristics of an ethics program
4. Identify ethical standards for fairness and honesty, accurate record keeping, and complying with antitrust laws
5. Identify ethical standards for giving and receiving gifts, gratuities, and entertainment with customers and suppliers, government and non-government personnel, and foreign officials
6. Identify standards for handling conflicts of interest, financial standards—including preservation of assets—restrictive trade practices, intellectual properties, and employee relations
7. Recognize the responsibility to comply with and report suspected ethical violations, what disciplinary action could result from failure to comply with or report violations, and how to raise ethical concerns and seek additional counsel
8. Recognize the application of ethics principles through the use of case studies
This course was designed to help satisfy requirements of the following regulations:
15 U.S.C. Chapter 1, Sherman Act -- Anti-Trust Law
17 U.S.C., Sections 101-810, Copyright Law
35 U.S.C. and Title 17 C.F.R. Chapter 1, Intellectual Property Laws
ETHICS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
ETHICS COURSE TESTING
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Users are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved.
ETHICS ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 30 minutes
ETHICS COURSE COST
ETHICS ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
The definition of ethics
The purpose and common characteristics of ethics programs
Fairness, accuracy, and antitrust laws
Gifts, travel, and entertainment
Conflicts of interest, asset protection, and employment standards
The reporting process
Our significant number of programs should ensure that you will discover the right one for you or your staff. Whether you are searching for somebody to come teach at your place of work or would prefer to train at our facility, we can accomodate all your requests. Every course can be tailored to your equipment and workplace.